We are pleased to announce, Sydney will be hosting two time Emmy nominated, multi award winning
Makeup Artist and lighting expert and educator,
Sara Seidman Vance.
Sara is considered one of the leading industry experts on lighting and makeup due to her extensive knowledge of HD makeup for live broadcast and has over 30 years of experience in Film, Television and Print mediums. Check out her work here.
She will give you the most comprehensive and focused instruction on lighting principles and its application for HD that you can find.
What is Lighting for Makeup Artists 101© Masterclass?
This workshop will demonstrate how the correct lighting works to filter and create the perfect balance in makeup, will help you to determine how your makeup will appear under different lighting circumstances and how to be able to interact with the Director of Photography or Lighting Designer with confidence.
- Lighting for Makeup Artists 101© will showcase how lighting can enhance or hinder a makeup artists work and why lighting is the key element that can define our work.
Who is this for?
- Designed for makeup professionals in both beauty and special effects fields, lecturers as well as makeup trainees who want to understand the core values behind lighting technology both on set, and on location.
Prerequisite: All students must have basic makeup skills.
What can you expect from the Masterclass?
The workshop will feature the The Makeup Light (TML) lighting technology, which has been created to enhance your makeup through digital mediums delivering outstanding results. TML supplies lighting to leading international makeup artists around the globe, providing up to date lighting technology which is used across the board from Hollywood film productions, makeup schools, fashion, print, weddings and is now reaching other genres within makeup, SPFX and cosmetology.
The Masterclass is an intensive 8 hour class on lighting for film and television and its effects on makeup. It has both theory and practical components.
Masterclass students will create their own makeup looks using each other as models which will be viewed on a 4K monitor, Sara will collectively coach each student to further enhance both makeup skills and confidence.
The Masterclass will be kept small so as to maximise your learning time with Sara.
Schedule for the day:
8.30am Registration and Welcome with tea, coffee & a light breakfast.
9am - 12pm Theory of Lighting for Makeup Artists
12pm - 1.30pm Lunch
- 1.30pm - 5pm Practical Lighting Practice
What do you need to bring?
- Students are requested kindly to arrive without wearing any makeup products, as you will all be working on each other.
Full skin prep and makeup kit - foundations and highlighters for global skin tones
Makeup Brushes and brush cleaner.
No other school or workshop teaches this kind of crucial working knowledge, which has been designed exclusively for Makeup and Special Effects Artists. See how makeup is greatly affected in different lighting situations on set and learn techniques in adjusting your work for any situation.
This class is geared for the artist to help them better understand the effects of lighting on their work and have a basic understanding of lighting so that they can assist the lighting designer or DP in insuring their talent or actor looks their best.
In this day of digital media, it is important to know what will work for you, what will work against you and the correct use of makeup for todays productions.
D E T A I L S
- Saturday, 17th March 2018
- Light refreshments and bottled water are included
- Venue is at 384 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction NSW 2022
- Located directly across from public transport and the Bondi Junction train station to make getting to the Masterclass easy
- For all of our driving friends, there is CHEAP all day parking behind the venue
- There are numerous options within a short walking distance for lunch
- If you need any other information or have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to email us
Seats are limited so we can keep the Masterclass intimate for MAXIMUM learning
"It's not about beauty, it's about the illusion of reality."
Sara Seidman Vance